Dupont Molykote 111 Compound High Grade Silicon Lubricant for RO Water Filtration O-Rings
Additional Uses for Molykote 111 Lubricant
- Lubrication for control and pressure plug valves, water softener and faucet valves
- Sealant for vacuum and pressure systems
- Sealant for outdoor equipment (also shipboard) subject to washing and harsh environmental exposure: meters, electrical service entrance and underground connections
- Damping medium for dash pots in electrical and electronic equipment
- Molykote® 111 Compound is used as an anti-stick and a sealant for transformer gasket and equipment enclosures. It prevents gaskets from sticking to metal and resists weathering and water washout.
- Rubber and plastic O-rings, gaskets and seals
How to Use Molykote O-Ring Lube
Molykote 111 Compound can be applied by hand, specially designed automated equipment brushing or wiping. Certain designs of grease guns may seize up; test prior to use. A thinner consistency can be achieved by dispersing in solvents such as xylene, mineral spirits and methyl ethyl ketone. Molykote 111 Compound can then be applied by brushing, dipping or spraying.
Features & Benefits of Molykote Lubrication
- Wide service temperature range (-40°C/-40°F to 200°C/392°F)
- Excellent water resistance
- Compatible with many plastics and elastomers
- Low vapor pressure
- Low volatility
- Meets several global standards for water contact
Molykote 111 Compound meets several global standards for water contact, including NSF 51, NSF 61, FDA 21 CFR 175.300, Water Regulations Advisory Scheme Approval BS9260 (England), IPL Certificate of Conformity (France) and DIN-DVGW Examination certificate (Germany).
Dupont Molykote Valve Lubricant and sealant (formerly known as Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant) and is a heavy-consistency dimethyl silicone compound that resists a variety of organic and inorganic chemicals. Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant and Sealant can be used as a lubricant for rubber and plastic O-rings, water softener and faucet valves, valve stems for potable water, aircraft vacuum systems, electronic and ignition systems, among others. It can be used as a sealant in applications such as vacuum and pressure systems, equipment subject to washing and harsh environments, electrical service entrances and underground connections, and transformer gaskets and equipment enclosures.
Dow Molykote 111 Valve Lubricant and Sealant maintains a serviceable consistency from approximately -70° to 400°F (-57° to 204°C) and has NSF 51, NSF 61 approval and is acceptable as a release agent under FDA 21 CFR 175.300, when used in accordance with that regulation.
We also carry H-C111DC in 5 ounce tubes: Part #: H-C111DC