Aquatec ERP-500 Permeate Pump for Home RO Systems up to 50 GPD
With Noise-Reducing Insert for Near-Silent Operation
Aquatec ERP-500 is a simple, yet revolutionary, device. Powered only by the hydraulic energy of brine water usually lost to the drain (no electricity required), the permeate pump forces product water into the storage tank, reducing membrane back pressure and maximizing available feed pressure.
In addition to the benefits of the classic permeate pumps, ERP-500 is specifically designed for residential applications (less than 50 GPD) where overall system noise is a key concern. The ERP 500 includes a specially designed insert which helps the system operate in near silence, eliminating the occasional clicking or gurgling sounds that can otherwise occur.
These pumps dramatically improve the efficiency of reverse osmosis water (RO) production, reducing wastewater by up to 80%. The permeate pump can also bring storage tanks up to line pressure and then shut the system down when these tanks reach capacity, eliminating the need for a hydraulic shut-off valve. Other benefits include higher delivery pressures, faster RO water production, superior water quality, and extended filter/membrane life.
Permeate Pumps can also bring storage tanks up to line pressure and then shut the system down when these tanks reach capacity, eliminating the need for a hydraulic shut-off valve. Other benefits include higher delivery pressures, faster R.O. water production, superior water quality, and extended filter/membrane life.
Aquatec ERP500 can easily be retrofitted to upgrade existing RO systems.
Benefits of Aquatec ERP-500 Permeate Pumps
- Requires no electricity, powered by energy from brine water
- Noise reducing insert to enable the system to operate in near silence
- Improves recovery rates by as much as 400%
- Reduces waste water by as much as 80%
- Saves up to 80% of your pre-filter and booster pump lives.
- Enhances contaminant rejection
- Ideal for membranes rated from 10-100 GPD
- Effective for inlet water pressure as low as 30 psi
- Increases membrane life, lowers “TDS creep”
- Fills product tank up to 4 times more rapidly
- NSF approved (Standard 58)
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty
Typical Applications for Aquatec Permeate Pumps
- Water Treatment/RO
- Water Transfer
- Industrial Use Water
How Aquatec ERP500 Permeate Pumps Work
The Benefits - Explained
- Faster production against tank pressure: In an RO system using the ERP-1000 Permeate pump, the RO membrane always sees the full pressure across the membrane even if the tank is almost up to the same pressure. This way the system does not lose its performance.
In a normal system you would for example have 60 PSI of line pressure. If the tank sees 30 PSI you only would have 30 PSI left for your membrane. In reality, this gives you less than 50% of your normal performance. In a permeatepump system you would still have 60 PSI across your membrane even on 50 PSI tank pressure.
- No loss of recovery during the filling cycle
- Better quality water out of your System
- Saves up to 85% of the Water that normaly goes to drain
- Saves up to 85% of your prefilter- and booster pump life
- Allows up to line pressure in your tank
- Allows you to use smaller system components
- Gets household technology to be used in commercial applications that were normaly requiring industrial systems
- New applications with more than 1000 l per day using the double permeate pump technology
Aquatc ERP500 Permeate Pump Operation
The ERP 500 permeate pump uses the energy of the brine water of your RO system to pump the permeate into your pressure tank. Permeate pumps require no electricity, as they use the hydraulic energy that normaly goes to drain unused. This way, it isolates your tank from the membrane and lets your membrane perform like in an atmospheric tank system.