KX MATRIKX CTO Carbon Filter for Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction
20 Inch Standard Size | 32-250-20-GREEN | 5 Micron | Replaces 32-250-125-20
KX MATRIKX CTO® filters are optimized for applications where they perform the role of both a sediment and activated carbon filter for chlorine taste and odor reduction. These filters are known industry-wide for superior performance. 5 Micron Nominal Filtration Rating (10 Micron Absolute Filtration Rating).
KX MATRIKX 32-250-20-GREEN is the factory recommended direct replacement for 32-250-125-20, which has been discontinued by the manfuacturer and is no longer available.
Matrikx® CTO® Carbon block filters are now powered by GreenBlock® technology.
*Not performance tested or certified by NSF or WQA
Specifications for 20" Matrikx CTO
Benefits of KX MATRIKX Extruded Carbon Filters
- Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction as well as Dirt and Sediment Removal: for better tasting drinking water, and protection of downstream equipment.
- No release of carbon fines: Extruded carbon filters do not release activated carbon particles ("gray water") during startup or operation. Extensive flushing or "activation" of extruded filter elements is not required.
- No channeling, fluidizing, or bypassing: Extruded carbon is a rigid structure that prevents movement of the adsorbent particles or the formation of channels and defects in the adsorbent structure.
- Low pressure drop: Water flows through an extruded filter element in the "radial" direction (from the outside of the filter element to the inside). This results in nearly fifteen times more prefiltration surface area and a much lower flow "density".
- Low binder content and high dirt capacity: Only a small amount of thermoplastic binder is used in the extrusion process, about one-half of what is used in a molded carbon block.
About KX MATRIKX with GreenBlock Filter Technology
KX Technologies® and Filtrex Technologies®, both Marmon Water/Berkshire Hathaway companies, have teamed up to combine the very best of their Matrikx® and GreenBlock® carbon block lines, into a single world class product offering. The new and improved product line is the result of decades of experience in R&D, design, formulation, and manufacture of high-performance carbon block filters.
Matrikx® filters, powered by GreenBlock®, are made from 100% coconut shell carbon, a renewable, and ecologically sustainable material. The carbon is processed into blocks using a unique binder system and proprietary manufacturing techniques to produce filters with a greater number of micro-pores and available carbon surface area, which display superior adsorption capacity and kinetic dynamics.
The companies are committed to Research and Development to advance filtration technology in an ecologically sound way.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.