Calcite Filter Cartridges to Neutralize Low pH Water
Raise the pH of RO permeate to make it non-aggressive and compatible with copper piping. Self-Limiting to correct pH only excessive enough to reach a noncorrosive equilibrium.
Calcite Filter Model Number:
For Use In Filter Housing:
10" Big Blue
| Filter Max Flow (GPM): || 20 |
Features and Benefits of Calcite Filter Cartridges:
- Raises pH of water to a non-corrosive equilibrium
- Reduces Leaching of Metal Plumbing Components and Copper Piping
- Advantages of Calcite Media:
- Naturally occurring material
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact
- Slower Reacting for controlled pH correction
- Standard Cartridge Design Fits Most Standard Residential and Commercial Filter Housings
- Up-flow design to ensure maximum contact time between water and calcite media
- Durable refillable filter shell
- Built-in 100 micron reticulated poly foam pre filter to prevent contamination buildup in the resin bed
- Built-in 20 micron spun-bonded polypropylene post filter to prevent media fines from being washed out of the filter cartridge
What is Calcite?
Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not overcorrect under normal conditions. Upon contact with calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems. Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite bed will have to be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted. As the Calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
Applications for Calcite Filtration Cartridges:
- Post Treatment to Home RO Systems
- Point of Use Acid Neutralizer
- Espresso Machines
- Ice Makers
- Washing Machines
For more information, please visit this products webpage.